European Territorial Cooperation and neighbouring programmes are celebrating European Cooperation Day on 21 September 2014. The motto this year is “Sharing borders, growing closer” and hundreds of local events will be held across Europe in the week leading up to 21 September.
The aim of the campaign is to communicate the achievements of European cooperation across borders to the general public. The local events showcase how cross-border, transnational and interregional cooperation projects are reducing obstacles and disparities, while at the same time increasing cultural understanding and efficiency between European regions. All these initiatives funded by the European Union have helped to improve people’s lives along the many borders within Europe and beyond.
The campaign is coordinated by the INTERACT Programme with the support of the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Committee of the Regions.
Following the success of the last two years, it was decided to keep the same campaign format and invite European Territorial and external border cooperation programmes and stakeholders to take part in the campaign.
Here are some ways you can participate:
– Organise a local event celebrating the achievements and results of cooperation in Europe
– Become a partner of one of the local events to be organised by programmes in your area
– Disseminate information on the events through your social media, website or other communication tools
– Engage in the campaign through the mobile application and receive information on when and where events will be taking place
– Attend one of the local events in your area.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact your INTERACT Point.
Please direct media inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, +34 961 922 616.
Source: European Commission – Inforegio-Newsroom